Makes: one 8 inch x 8 inch pan
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, includes cooling time
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup gluten free baking blend for muffins and quick breads
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon table salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat Oven: Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep Pan: Generously spray a 8 inch x 8 inch pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Mix Batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dark brown sugar with the egg and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour blend, baking soda and salt to the bowl and whisk together to combine. (Batter will be thick. Using a spatula, folk in the pecans.
4. Transfer & Bake: Transfer batter to prepared pan, scraping all of the batter from the bowl and spreading it in an even layer in the pan. Bake for 18 minutes.
5. Cool Completely: Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
6. Serve & Enjoy: To serve, cut into 9 or 16 squares and enjoy.